Dog House Adoptions
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
840 Hoosick Road
Troy, NY 12180
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:We adopt out to New York's Rensselaer County, Albany County, Columbia County, and Western Massachussetts.
About Our Rescue Group:Our Mission
Dog House Adoptions cares for the dogs who need help now, educates the public to protect dogs of the future, allows dogs to give back as they do best - with their whole hearts, and we accomplish each stage with a sense of humor.
The way we see it, dogs are not throw away items. Their lives have value and, when the community comes together to support their needs, dogs do something miraculous. No matter how weary, weathered or worn, dogs give back with their whole hearts, enriching human lives in healing ways. This is why we've made it our job to facilitate loving, healing dog/human connections.
Finding Pet Parents for Orphaned Dogs
Why do we call our rescue dogs orphans? The dogs in our care are not homeless. They have a transitional home that satisfies their physical needs and caring people who tend to their emotional needs. But what they need most is a pet parent.
We seek pet parents for our darling orphans, people with a dog's best interest at heart, so our precious babies can feel loved and cared for - for life. From the moment they come to us, they give all they have. The ultimate gift we can give back is a safe place to live out their days, a forever home. Visit our adoptable dogs and become a loving pet parent today!
Learn more at http://DogHouseAdoptions.org!
Donate to Our Rescue Group...http://doghouseadoptions.org/donate
Come Meet our Pets:Visit Our Dogs by Appointment!
Email TopDogs@DogHouseAdoptions.org or call (518) 285-9048
Our Adoption Process:1.) Download and complete your Dog Adoption Application.
2.) Return it to us in 1 of 2 ways:
SCAN IT as a PDF and email to TopDogs@DogHouseAdoptions.org
DOG HOUSE ADOPTIONS, INC.
PO Box 214
East Schodack, NY 12063
Best friends have that certain spark of chemistry. They share similar interests and are often inseparable. Therefore, we take applications on a continual basis until we find that magical match. Dog House Adoptions can't wait to start you on the path to find your new best friend, today!
Please note: Because we are an all volunteer organization, we generally try to place our dogs within 90 minutes of NY's Capital District.
How Your Adoption Fee Helps
Our adoption fee is a non-refundable $250, which defrays – but does not fully cover – the cost of future spays, neuters, vaccinations, food and shelter. Your adoption fee supports the next dog who comes from the streets, often malnourished and un-altered, giving them a second chance at the good life just like that special dog you adopt. Thank you for helping two!
We ask for an additional $50 spay/neuter deposit for unaltered dogs and ask for your commitment to the following:
- If an intact dog is over 6 months old at the time of adoption, you must spay or neuter the dog within 14 days of adoption and provide DHA with proof of altering within 5 days, at which point, your $50 spay/neuter deposit will be returned.
- If an intact dog is under 6 months old at the time of adoption, you must have the dog altered within 14 days of the dog reaching 6 months of age and provide DHA with proof of altering within 5 days, at which point, your $50 spay/neuter deposit will be returned.
By Adopting from Us, You Vow to Your Dog...
I vow to provide compassionate and appropriate care.
- I promise to open my home to you for the rest of your life.
- I promise to provide you with loving and humane treatment, proper and nutritional foods, fresh water, appropriate toys, regular exercise, shelter from adverse weather and temperature extremes and, perhaps the luxury of a safe fenced yard.
- I promise that I will care for your bathing, brushing, ear cleaning, nail trimming needs, wiping the tear residue from your eyes and nose if need be.
- I promise to provide this care without expectation of reimbursement – aside from all veterinary care covered by Dog House Adoptions.
- I vow to prepare you for – and ease you into – the best home for your needs.
I promise to be patient and tolerant at all times while you live with me.
- I promise to work toward your house- and crate-training, if necessary, as well as to teach you good manners.
- I promise to never employ harsh training methods, will never physically or emotionally abuse you, and I will not let any other person or animal physically or emotionally abuse you.
- I vow to keep you close and safe.
I promise that you will always wear a flat collar or harness that securely fits and an identification tag provided by Dog House Adoptions.
- I promise that you will be an “indoor only” dog (living inside my home), not be left outside at any time without proper adult supervision or when I am away.
- I promise that you will never be off-leash outside of a fenced area.
- I promise to never allow strange people or animals unknown to you to approach you without being in full control of you and the situation.
- I promise to make every effort to find you, with the help of Dog House Adoptions, if you are ever lost or stolen.
- I vow to provide for you in sickness and in health.
I promise to oversee your vaccinations, spaying or neutering, heartworm test, fecal test, de-worming, and micro-chipping, and to administer medications.
I promise that you will receive emergency or life-saving medical treatment if you are ever in trouble.
I promise to help you in every way I can, knowing full well that there are no guarantees regarding your health, temperament, behavior, or your past history.