found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Petey!
Facts about Petey
- Breed: Terrier (Unknown Type, Medium) Mix
- Color: White - With Brown Or Chocolate
- Age: Young
- Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
- Sex: Male
- ID#: Petey
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, and not good with cats.
Meet Petey! What a great dog. He loves to go for car rides and walks in the park. Tossing the ball around and shaking a few stuffed toys are a few of his favorite activities, but let’s not forget the joy of rolling in the grass and soaking in the sun. Oh, and the belly rubs! Petey loves a good head scratch and some tummy rubs. Petey’s life has already improved for the better. He was abandoned outdoors, left to fend for himself, when someone found him and saved him. And it wasn’t a difficult save – Petey was all for it and happily hopped into the car for a ride to “anywhere but here.” Petey was very skinny and heartworm positive when first rescued. But after going through two treatments to kill the heartworm and being neutered, Petey is healthy, feeling good and all ready to go! Petey is friendly with people and most other dogs. He isn’t too fond of pushy, in-my-face dogs, but the more mellow and laid back kind are more Petey’s speed. He is a smart boy and knows lots of great stuff, like “come” and "sit." Petey’s Christmas wish is that someone will foster him, so he can leave the boarding kennel and find a forever home where he'll never be abandoned again. Adoption fee: $75 and includes testing, deworming, vaccinations and spay/neuter.
Online photo album:
- Third Sunday of Every Month: Adoption Event at Petco, 4820 S. Baldwin Rd, Lake Orion/Auburn Hills. From noon to 4 p.m., come meet adoptable dogs, cats, puppies and kittens (as available). A selection of adoptable cats and kittens live at the store full-time and you can see them any time the store is open: Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Sundays 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Adoption event dates for 2013: June 16, June 30 (special engagement for 9 Lives for $9), July 21, August 18, September 15, October 20, November 17 and December 15.
- Sunday, June 30: "9 Lives for $9" Adoption Event at Petco, 4820 S. Baldwin Rd, Lake Orion/Auburn Hills. From noon to 4 p.m., come meet adoptable dogs, cats, puppies and kittens (as available).
- Sunday, October 20: Detroit Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Click here for more information. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, November 17: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Runners and walkers who raise enough money from sponsors and pledges will earn a free trip to Vegas, plus race registration fees covered. Click here for more information. RSVP to email@example.com.
Complete the application at the link above or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us which pet you're interested in and we'll send you a questionnaire that will help us make the best match for you and your new pet. We then arrange a location, date and time for you to meet some pets. If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy, you begin the mandatory, minimum two-week adjustment period with the pet as part of your family. You will pay the non-refundable adoption fee at the start of the two-week adjustment period. This pending period allows your new dog or cat time to adjust to their new home, new people, new routine, etc., and for you to decide if it's a match and the right pet for you. At the end of two weeks (some people extend the adjustment time as needed and that's fine too), if everyone is happy, then we finalize the adoption. Feel free to email if you have any questions.