found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Dorothy!
Facts about Dorothy
- Breed: Domestic Shorthair
- Color: Calico Or Dilute Calico
- Age: Young
- Sex: Female
- ID#: Dorothy
- Hair: Short
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Hi, my name is Dorothy. I am a young, small, shorthaired calico cat in need of a lifelong, loving home. I came to the rescue with a litter of kittens. All of them have since been adopted, except for little Gene. I was a very good mama, but now it is time for me to go off into the world to find a forever family of my own. I'm very friendly and loving. I have an outgoing personality and enjoy companionship and people. At adoption events, I'm the center of attention because I reach out and touch people as they walk by and I'll even toss a toy at them if they're not paying attention to me. I always use a litterbox and I enjoy being part of a home with someone to love and spend time with. I am good with kids, adults and other cats. I am just a happy cat who wants to share my love and joy for life. Please give me a chance. I'm beautiful inside and out. Adoption fee: $60.
- Sunday, April 14: Adoption Event and Scentsy Sale at Lou's Pet Shop, 20779 Mack Ave., Grosse Pointe Woods. Stop by to see us between 1 and 4 p.m. Paws for Life will have adoptable dogs, puppies, cats and kittens at Lou's in Grosse Pointe Woods. Shop for pet supplies and meet some cute and furry homeless pets for adoption. Also, meet the infamous Franky, the shop's resident 40-pound sulcata tortoise. .
- Sunday, April 28: Romping With Rover at Brys Park (near Harper Ave. & Brys Dr.), St. Clair Shores. This 5K fun run/walk supports Angels Supporting Animals, a local organization that raises funds to support animal rescues. Paws for Life will have an info booth, adoptable pets and full Scentsy open house. The event begins at 8 a.m. for runners and at 9:30 a.m. for walkers. Come see us between 8 a.m. and noon! Call 586-778-3897 or 586-441-9668 for more info.
- Sunday, October 20: Detroit Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Click here for more information. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, November 17: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Runners and walkers who raise enough money from sponsors and pledges will earn a free trip to Vegas, plus race registration fees covered. Click here for more information. RSVP to email@example.com.
Adoption and Foster Care Application: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDFIYXdMYUdlVXEwT0l4cGpOM2lhSHc6MQ
Complete the application at the link above or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us which pet you're interested in and we'll send you a questionnaire that will help us make the best match for you and your new pet. We then arrange a location, date and time for you to meet some pets. If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy, you begin the mandatory, minimum two-week adjustment period with the pet as part of your family. You will pay the non-refundable adoption fee at the start of the two-week adjustment period. This pending period allows your new dog or cat time to adjust to their new home, new people, new routine, etc., and for you to decide if it's a match and the right pet for you. At the end of two weeks (some people extend the adjustment time as needed and that's fine too), if everyone is happy, then we finalize the adoption. Feel free to email if you have any questions.