Northeast Missouri Humane Society

A P.O Box 205, 2923 Warren Barrett Dr., Hannibal, MO 63401 shelter helping to find loving homes for dogs, cats, rabbits, small animals.

Pets at Northeast Missouri Humane Society

  • Any
  • Dogs
  • Cats
  • Any
  • Baby
  • Puppy
  • Kitten
  • Young
  • Adult
  • Senior
  • Any
  • Male
  • Female

ALFRED

Male, Young
Labrador Retriever

LEROY

Male, Young
Shepherd (Unknown Type)

Tito

Male, Young
Border Collie / Terrier (Unknown Type, Small)

Juniper

Female, Young
Hound (Unknown Type) / Australian Shepherd

Hippie

Female, Young
Domestic Shorthair

Wizbang

Male, Senior
Domestic Shorthair

STEVIE

Female, Young
Hound (Unknown Type)

TALULAH

Female, Puppy
Cattle Dog

BIGGIE

Male, Adult
Persian

Sugar

Female, Young
Calico

SUMMER

Female, Young
Shepherd (Unknown Type)

CHACA

Female, Young
Domestic Shorthair

Stitch

Male, Young
Domestic Shorthair

Roscoe

Male, Adult
American Pit Bull Terrier

SOOKIE

Female, Adult
Domestic Shorthair

Snow White

Female, Young
Domestic Shorthair

Buddy

Male, Adult
Boxer / Hound (Unknown Type)

MELODY

Female, Adult
Domestic Shorthair

TEAKA

Female, Young
American Pit Bull Terrier

CLEO

Female, Young
Domestic Shorthair

Page 1 of 1

1 - 20 of 20 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter

Areas Northeast Missouri Humane Society Serves

We serve north east Missouri, the following counties and cities, Marion, Ralls, Lewis, Shelby , Monroe and the city of Hannibal.

Northeast Missouri Humane Society's Adoption Process

1. Visit the Facility and Find a Pet

Come by anytime during our regular business hours to visit with our animals

2. Submit Application

The application, once approved, if good for 3 months as long as information does not change. It Does Not obligate you to adopt.

3. Interview

We like to talk with our possible adopters in order to better know the home life and also allows us to help you choose the right pet for you

4. Home Check

We are not able for home visits, HOWEVER if you rent the property, we MUST have permission from the landlord for the animal to live there

5. Pay Fee

Once the fee is paid, the animal is considered adopted. A vet visit may need scheduled for spay/neuter

6. Take the Pet Home

If the pet needs to be spayed/neutered, that is scheduled & is picked up the following day from vet. Some are ready the day of adoption

Our adoption fees are$125.00 for dogs and $40.00 for cats. All the animals leaving the shelter are spayed/neutered (This is Missouri State Law), health checked and have all current vaccinations. Dogs are tested for heartworms depending on age. We require an application to be filled out by the adopter and that they sign a contract.

About Northeast Missouri Humane Society

We currently have 40 kennels and 35 cat pens. We routinely have anywhere from 40 to 70 dogs and 35 to 50 cats. We have a staff of 4 full time employees and 2 part time. 30% of our funding comes from the city of Hannibal and the other 70% from donations and fundraisers.

With our current funding we are just barely able to keep the shelter operating. Our annual intake of animals is now approaching 1,500. Our staff is a dedicated group of young people that work for minimum wage and care about the animals.

Come Meet Northeast Missouri Humane Society's Pets

We are located at 2923 Warren Barrett Drive, Hannibal Missouri.