A 10676 Big Canoe, Big Canoe, GA 30143 rescue helping to find loving homes for dogs, cats.
1 - 20 of 22 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter
All areas. We are open to all who want to adopt a pet from us.
DIRECTIONS VIA GA 400:
Take GA 400 North approximately 31 miles from I-285 to Hwy. 369. Turn left and travel 12 miles to Yellow Creek Road. Turn right and follow 10 miles to the end. Turn right again and go 1/4 mile to Steve Tate Hwy. Turn left and continue 3 1/2 miles to the Big Canoe North Gate. The shelter is on the left just after you pass through security. At the very first stop sign, turn left.
DIRECTIONS VIA I-575:
Travel 31 miles on I-575 to Hwy 1-9, and turn right. Hwy 108 becomes Hwy 53. Follow Hwy 53 straight ahead to Steve Tate Hwy. Follow above directions to the shelter.
WHY ADOPT FROM BIG CANOE ANIMAL RESCUE?
• We are a community run no kill animal rescue.
• We have over 50 volunteers who work at the shelter 3 times a day, 7 days a week
• We are small enough to give each dog or cat individual attention each day.
• Our dogs and cats receive the best Veterinary care. Each dog or cat is up to date on shots. All adult dogs and cats are neutered or spayed.
• We have a financial program to spay or neuter puppies and kittens after adoption when they are ready.
• We take the time to match the right dog and cat with the right owner.
WHAT MAKES OUR DOGS/CATS SO SPECIAL?
• All our dogs receive Obedience Training and know on average 5 to 8 different commands
• Our trainer, Doris Dressler, is a CPDT (Certified Professional Dog Trainer).
• Field Training is a daily exercise program for each dog and reinforces the obedience training they receive.
• Our kennel environment allows the dogs and cats to play together and become very socialized with other dogs and cats.
• Our intimate community and large volunteer staff allow our dogs and cats to socialize with people of all ages.
WHEN CAN YOU VISIT WITH OUR DOGS AND CATS?
• Open House: Our facility is open to the public every Saturday from 11:00AM to 2:00 PM.
• By Appointment: We welcome folks to call to make an appointment to see a dog or cat that they might have an interest in adopting if they cannot come to Open House. Call us at 706-268-1346.
You may go to our website and donate to the shelter.