(when grown) Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
Good with kids,
Good with dogs,
Good with cats,
Spayed or Neutered,
Walter is one of those puppies that you have to do a double-take with. From his stunning markings to those eyes that just speak to you....yep...this boy will have you wrapped around his paws in no time! Walter came to us after he and his sibling Buddy Elf, found themselves all alone roaming the streets. A good samaritan took them in and ended up bringing them to the shelter so they could serve their stray hold. Somehow, no one ever reclaimed them and they joined our fluffy butt family shortly after!
We are guessing Walter to be around 3-4 months old. Based on his looks we think he is an Australian Shepherd. While his markings make him look like he could be a "purebred", I am sure he probably is mixed with something else. If you were to ask me what I would have to say "I don't know", but since that isn't usually acceptable I would add in that maybe he has a little Pyrabear mixed in? It seems like even the dogs we pull that we think don't have Pyr in them...always end up with a small percentage of Pyr anyway! When ya know...ya know I guess! 🤣If you were to do a DNA test, they would probably tell you he is part Chihuahua along with some other breed that you have never heard of before. I will let you decide who's answer you like better ;) Since we have no idea who birthed this handsome young fella, it is hard to tell you just how big he will get. My best guess is going to be the 60lb range but you should take that with a grain of salt because I am right about 90% of the time. The other 10% turn out twice as big or twice as small as I thought....I still feel like they do that just to prove me wrong...my guessing skills can't be THAT bad!
If you are familiar with Aussies then you are well aware of their love of everything crazy. They love to play, run, and bounce around like they are part rubber ball and Walter is no exception. He is very active and playful, however, not all hope is lost if super-energetic dogs aren't your thing. You see while Walter is on the active side, as long as he has a good way to get out his energy he also knows when it’s time to settle down and will curl up in the doggy bed and have a nice rest. So, he does in fact have an off button as long as you are prepared to meet his energetic needs. If short walks and lots of naps are a big part of your life, then you should PASS on Walter. If you love going on hikes, adventures, and playing in the yard, then you and Walter are going to get along great. Add in another playful dog and Walter will believe that he has hit the doggie jackpot!
While young, we can already predict that Walter is going to be signing up for the "No Toy Left Behind Movement". He loves toys! Especially the squishy ones he can carry around in his mouth, which if somehow he hasn't stolen your heart up until this point...you will be a goner after watching him prance around with one of his toys! ;) We know how much this new generation wants a dog that will play fetch with you. I cannot say that Walter will bring the toy back, but I can say he will definitely chase after it. I guess this is where you and your magical skills of training come in and you help teach him what fetch is all about! :)
Walter is a puppy so he is going to do puppy things. If you aren't prepared to have things chewed up, clean up after him, show him right from wrong, and properly socialize him...it is time to hit the PASS button. Walter deserves a family that is ALL in, not just someone who is thinking with their heart(and eyes) instead of that handy dandy brain!
📍 Pickup Location: Skiatook, OK
📝 Apply at https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/hx000BP7nbQvjHX49Uur80FV3
📖 Additional Notes:
Walter has really been a joy to watch come out of his shell. He has gone from a scared, reserved pup to a bubbly foster pup with a heart full of curiosity and a tail that never stops wagging. He has a second chance at life now and wants to make the most of it. He loves learning and exploring and you can’t help but be caught up in his happiness and zest for life ❤️