(when grown) Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
Good with dogs,
Needs experienced adopter,
Spayed or Neutered,
Mission: Woof Pack Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit working to improve the health, welfare, and safety of Houston's dogs. Our organization was started by one dog mom on a mission to help those animals in need. Our goal is to find loving homes for abandoned, lost, forgotten or mistreated dogs from the streets of Houston and surrounding areas.
Currently being fostered in Houston, Tx with transport available out of state.
Penny is an adorable, quirky little girl, about 18 months old, originally found in the middle of an esplanade on a busy street and made it across to the neighborhood side and huddled against the outside of a fence, terrified. We thought she had been spayed already, as she had a scar on her belly. Her ear was either bitten or snipped and she was/is missing some of the fur on her side.
Since we originally had to board her, we soon found out, she was not spayed as she went into heat at the vet. The vet and all who have examined her agree, her scar was from having a c-section as she had definitely had at least one litter of puppies, possibly used to breed for the beautiful brindle coat she has.
- hw negative,
- UTD on all vaccinations.
- She is good with all the other dogs, small and larger.
- she loves to be around people and her favorite yoga position is the "sploot".
- she loves to lay with her belly flat on the floor and back legs straight out and somehow, she will move backwards in that position without seeming to move anything.
- She has a very unique cross between a howl and coo.
Don't be fooled by her small size, she's a sturdy girl and her head can scooch thru a slightly open door to go in the backyard before you know it.
- She's a toy destroyer, so heavy chewer toys only or you'll find tufts of toy guts everywhere! But she saves the squeaker for you.
She is a beautiful girl, her markings are like a tigress, and she has a beautiful heart that you can see when she looks at you with her big brown eyes. A furever home with a fur-friend for her to play with would be great, or she would be content hanging out near you while you work.
**Penny is available to transport to Austin or out of state, preferably northern states.