(when grown) X-Large 101 lbs (46 kg) or more
Not good with kids,
Good with dogs,
Not good with cats,
Spayed or Neutered,
Meet ravishing Raya! This gorgeous gal is looking for her forever family, and wants her new people to know these 10 things about her:
1. I am a Boerboel and I am about 5.5 years old. My life before rescue was awful. I was seized by animal control after they found me and several other dogs living in an abandoned trailer without food and water. When I first got to the shelter, I only weighed 65lbs! Luckily for me, the nice people nursed me back to health and then reached out to the Bullpen, who said I could come to the sanctuary to complete my rehabilitation.
2. As you can imagine, being locked in a bathroom and literally starving to death before rescue has made me insecure about food and barriers. I have been working really hard to overcome these obstacles and I’m doing great with the Bullpen staff, but I need my new home to be aware of my issues and recognize that even if I temporarily fall back on old, bad habits when I’m stressed out, it’s not who I am really am. My ideal family will be understanding, and patiently work with me to build confidence and heal from my past trauma.
3. Although I am very sweet and docile, I think I need to be in a home with adults only, or with teenage children that have experience with giant guardian breed dogs.
4. I’ve met lots of big dogs at the Bullpen, and I don’t mind them one bit. I would like it if my new home had a large, lower-energy male dog for me to pal around with, as long as we were fed separately always.
5. I’m unsure if I can live in a home with small dogs or cats, so a family with these types of pets might not be the best fit for me.
6. The words that best describe me are mellow, obedient, and loving.
7. My favorite things to do are lounging, getting ear rubs and butt scratches, and getting treats.
8. I am housebroken and crate-trained. I am good on a leash and I also know basic obedience and how to use a dog door!
9. I am fully vaccinated, spayed, and microchipped.
10. I am heartworm positive, but I’ve started treatment, and will come with all the medicine needed to complete it at my new home.
Ready to give Raya the forever home of her dreams? Fill out our Adoption Application, located at www.bullpenrescue.org under the 'work with us' tab.
We highly recommend that our potential adopters fill out an online application as soon as possible, as it greatly expedites the process of finding the right dog for your situation.
Our dogs are available for adoption nationwide but preference is given to adopters willing to do an in-person meeting. Please understand that our dogs are not adopted on a first-come, first-serve basis, but rather we strive for a "perfect placement" so we know that they will not be failed again.