(when grown) Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
Spayed or Neutered,
PLEASE DIRECT INQUIRIES ABOUT ADOPTABLE DOGS TO OUR FACEBOOK. WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO PROCESS APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL DUE TO LIMITED STAFF. OUR CONTACT IS THROUGH FACEBOOK MESSENGER. https://www.facebook.com/REDRescueEveryDog/
Apollo is a 4 year old Staffordshire terrier lab mix who loves nothing more than to snuggle and love on his human. He is smart, gentle, snuggly, and playful. He is 65lbs. Apollo is up to date on all vaccinations and is neutered. He loves to sunbathe and be outside with his human. He has a hard time trusting males and struggles with change, so he will need a home that is stable (not moving a lot) and the male in the home needs to be there enough to build a relationship with him (not in and out traveling for work). Apollo does have anxiety and will need a lot of help with overcoming this especially with going to the vet and groomer. He has allergies in the fall/winter and eats Zignature kangaroo allergy friendly food. He loves to play with other dogs and has never had an incident while at doggie daycare, but he sometimes plays like a puppy and that can scare some bigger dogs. He’s patient and gentle with kids but would do best in a home with older kids because younger kids make him anxious. He is crate trained, house broken, and does great in his kennel. He is the most lovable guy who needs someone to help him with anxiety in an environment that is stable and calm.
This dog requires a fully fenced yard with a visible fence, as well as a sturdy, high quality crate (no wire or soft crates will be accepted. Impact, Ruffland, 4 point contact locking door Skyline, Zinger Winger, etc type crate). We will be considering homes in W. Wa and possibly Oregon, no other out of state adoptions at this time. Adoption donation is $250.00.
THIS DOG IS IN FOSTER CARE IN LACEY, WA. MEET AND GREETS WILL TAKE PLACE THERE AS WELL.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADOPTION:
- Securely and visibly fenced yard
- Sturdy/safe crate, due to the safety hazard wire crates will be not be accepted. Impact, Ruffland, 4 point contact locking door Skyline, Zinger Winger, etc type crate).
- Another like sized, playful, kind dog
- Western Washington (WA), and possibly Northern Oregon locations at caseworker discretion. No other out of state adoptions at this time.
If you are interested in adoption please fill out an application here: http://www.rescueeverydog.org/Adoption.php
Answers to the application MUST be sent via message on Facebook (we do not receive applications sent via email)
1. Once the application is received it will be reviewed by that animals caseworker.
2. If your application is seen as a good fit to the pet you are applying for we will request photos of your fenced yard as well as your current crate or the crate you plan on purchasing.
3. Once received we will schedule a phone interview with you to discuss the pet and the next steps, should a match be seen.
4. Meet and greet/adoption
PLEASE, CONSIDER SPONSORING THIS COMPANION ANIMAL IN NEED. R.E.D. RELIES ON DONATIONS TO SAVE, SUPPORT AND OFTEN REHABILITATE LIVES. WHICH BRINGS LIVES LIKE THIS TO THE FINAL GOAL OF PROVIDING A SAFE PATH TO A NEW FOREVER HOME. GO TO SPONSOR BUTTON TO HELP SAVE A LIFE! FOR MORE INFORMATION ON R.E.D. GO TO WWW.RESCUEEVERYDOG.ORG Mandatory fenced yard. No apartments. Some Condos and homes with a private use fenced yard maybe considered. No children. Adoption donation for this companion animal is Donations cover some of the care costs for R.E.D. animals. Like housing, supportive care, medical needs and food. All R.E.D. animals are spayed or neutered and vaccinated. Most are micro chipped with adopter registration included. R.E.D. is a 501 C3 and all donations support our life saving missions. For more information and to complete the on line adoption application on R.E.D., please, see our website at www.rescueeverydog.org.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TO APPLY TO ADOPT: Not all applicants will be approved for requested animals. R.E.D. reserves the right to refuse service and adoption without explanation. R.E.D. is the companion animal's advocate and will select the most suitably matched home/environment for the the companion animals emotional needs and management requirements based on each companion animal's breed(s) general needs and the unique needs of each individual animal in our care. R.E.D. requires all applicants and adopters to conduct themselves in a respectful and courteous manner. R.E.D. updates it animals adoption postings daily. If you wish to apply to adopt this companion animal go to the on line application at R.E.D.'s website www.rescueeverydog.org. and look under adoption. Before applying, please, read the following information.
(1) Application, Phone interview, Home visit are required. Donations support R.E.D.'s life saving missions and medical and other care given.(2) R.E.D. Dogs are spayed or neutered prior to adoption, vaccinated for Parvo Distemper and generally are micro chipped. (3) You must be at least 18 years of age to complete the application or to apply to adopt a companion animal. For the safety of children and dogs and limited information on dog the dogs interaction with children- R.E.D generally prefers/requires children in adoptive home to be approximately 5 or 6 years of age and up unless otherwise noted in the dog profile. All children must be behavior appropriate with animals. (4) R.E.D. does not a ship animals to out of state adopters. Out of state adopters must come to meet the animal in person in Washington if approved for a meet and greet with a R.E.D. companion animal. Thank you.