(when grown) Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
Good with kids,
Good with dogs,
Spayed or Neutered,
Skipper - Male
Dachshund (Dapple color)
8 years old
Current weight 10lbs
(Due to his size we are recommending no small children)
Meet Skipper (his foster mom calls him Kip). Poor little guy was found by animal control all alone in Alabama that no one came to claim. (This is typical when pets get older to just be abandoned). Lucky for him the angels at the shelter took him in, then a wonderful foster stepped up and he got to come to Illinois in hopes of finding his forever home. Kip is a pretty laid back guy who loves everyone!!!! He’s house trained, crate trained, and walks very nicely on a leash. His favorite things however are cuddling, getting attention and giving kisses. He is very low maintenance. If Kip sounds like the perfect fit for your home, please visit the rescue website www.foreverhomedogrescueil.org for requirements, process and applications.
WE DO NOT DO OUT OF STATE ADOPTIONS
Thank you for considering the adoption of one of our rescue dogs. We are committed to finding our rescues the perfect home. Together we can make a difference in the life of a dog.
The adoption process should be a fun and exciting time for families and dogs. Our goal is to place our babies in forever homes. The potential adopter needs to be dedicated to their care and training for life.
Understand that sharing your life with a dog can be a commitment of 15+ years. This would include feeding, exercise, training, vetting, and providing a loving home. Ask yourself, "Am I ready for this type of commitment?" If you are ready, we are here to help. We do have some requirements to help us find the perfect placement of our babies.
WE ARE A FOSTER BASED RESCUE ONLY. WE DO NOT HAVE A PHYSICAL BUILDING
1. Apply online at https://www.foreverhomedogrescueil.org
We must have an application, conduct a phone interview, and meet your entire family (including other dogs) to approve an adoption. Only a final approval for adoption can take place after a successful meet and greet. This is done by appointments only. We will not proceed with the adoption if everyone has not met the dog. This will allow others the opportunity to adopt the dog.
2. Adopters MUST be 25 years old.
Information on all adults/members living in the home is required
We REQUIRE you to provide proof and vet reference that all current and past pets have been kept up to date on all routine medical.
3. Illinois law requires that all of our dogs and puppies be spayed/neutered within 30 days of adoption. In order to fully comply with this regulation and reduce the number of homeless dogs and puppies,
4. If you do not own your home, you must provide landlord contact information on the application and a copy of your lease that outlines the rules for dog ownership in your residence.
Large breed dogs will not be adopted into apartment settings or where there are breed/ size restrictions.
Puppies have special needs and require a home where someone is available to care for, socialize, and give basic training. If you are gone for more than a couple hours at a time, please consider adopting a teen or older dog.
5. Adoption fees are $400.00. We accept Zelle, Cash or Checks. (Prices are subject to change without notice).
6. All dogs and puppies adopted through Forever Home are fully vetted with age appropriate vaccines. Keep in mind once you take possession of your newly adopted dog, any and all future medical costs or care is YOUR responsibility.
7. First time puppy/dog adopters will be required to sign up for and pay in advance a basic training class. A deposit of an extra 50.00 will be required until a class has been completed, it will then be returned.
8. WE DO NOT DO OUT OF STATE ADOPTIONS
Medical included is as follows:
Spay/Neuter (age appropriate) *Forever Home uses Fox Valley Animal Welfare League in Aurora, IL
Age appropriate core vaccines
Fecal testing and deworming
Flea and tick preventative
Free 1st Vet visit at one of our participating vets
Forever Home Dog Rescue reserves the right to deny any applicant.