(when grown) Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
Good with dogs,
Spayed or Neutered,
In addition to the following profile for this dog, please first read the Adoption Information at http://www.shihtzurescuemn.org/adopt.html to understand the process, requirements and timeline for adoption. An adoption application can also be found in the Adoption Info section. If, after reading that information, you have any questions, please submit your question via e-mail and it will be answered. Please do not request a phone call. A personal phone call will only be made when an adoption application has been submitted and the foster parent wishes to consider the application. Thank you!
Doc, this 8-month-old Shih Tzu/Maltese puppy is amazing! In so many ways he is all puppy: curious about everything, playful, mischievous, active, and happy to jump on any toy or person! Doc loves to walk, explore, and meet his neighbors. He will snuffle and bark at strange movements and noises - especially when he sees birds, squirrels, people, and other wildlife outside. He is fast as lightning, so his new owners will need to always have a leash on him when a door is opened so he does not slip out. Favorite toys range from small to big, squeaky to silent, and little balls to plush bears with eyes and ribbons!
At the same time Doc is acting out as a puppy, you can scoop him up and he will cuddle right into your lap and arms. He loves to have lots of tummy rubs and gives lots of kisses. He is a very sweet little boy with plenty of personality and love to give. His vet and groomer both say he is a gentle, loving little boy. Doc will sleep through the night right beside you in bed, although he would also love to snuggle in with his foster brother. He is house trained, and he is taken out during the day every 4 hours to go potty. Doc just had a haircut, fully vetted and ready for a new forever home!
Puppies always need basic training, so a puppy class is highly recommended for Doc to learn boundaries and good behavior. His foster mom has found him to be a good listener and quick learner we know he would love a fun class! He is well socialized and gets along with other small dogs and all people.
If you have the time and energy for a sweet, lovable puppy like Doc, please submit an application if your home meets these requirements:
• You live within 45 miles of Bloomington, MN
• Must be home enough that Doc can be let outside every four hours.
• No children under the age of 12 - a puppy is known for play nips and lots of jumping.
• You must have indoor space for a puppy that loves to run and play not just with toys, but with you! Doc loves to play fetch with you!
• Be committed to consistent walks 2-3 times a day with lots of socialization and interaction.
• Sorry, no apartments or condos because Doc will bark at noises.
• It is not required you have another small pup, but Doc would love that—or a small, active, friendly neighborhood pup he could have daily playdates with! (Doc IS used to living with 3 other playful pups in his household)
• A commitment to attend our Shih Tzu Rescue Reunion every year in September.
Doc is neutered, current on vaccinations, microchipped, and on heartworm and flea/tick preventative. His adoption fee is 470.00, plus $40.07 sales tax for a total fee cost of $510.07.
To meet Doc, please complete an adoption application at the website listed in the first paragraph. Or you can also see him and the other dogs available for adoption from Shih Tzu Rescue of Minnesota by visiting with us from 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon the first Saturday of every month at Chuck and Don’s at 6821 York Avenue South, Edina near Southdale.