(when grown) Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
Good with dogs,
Spayed or Neutered,
In addition to the following profile for this dog, please first read the Adoption Information at http://www.shihtzurescuemn.org/adopt.html to understand the process, requirements and timeline for adoption. An adoption application can also be found in the Adoption Info section. If, after reading that information, you have any questions, please submit your question via e-mail and it will be answered. Please do not request a phone call. A personal phone call will only be made when an adoption application has been submitted and the foster parent wishes to consider the application. Thank you!
Meet Archie, a gold and white Shih Tzu/Bichon born on 12/19/22. Archie is a very energetic little guy that enjoys playing and investigating everything new. He sometimes starts getting into things he shouldn’t, but is quickly diverted. When he isn't lying next to his foster mom, he is chewing on a chew stick or playing with his foster sibling, which includes running back and forth from room to room or wrestling.
Archie is still working on housetraining. His foster parents take him out regularly and frequently to help with his potty training, but he also uses potty pads when needed. His new family must continue with his housetraining so that he consistently goes outdoors rather than relying on a pad. Archie eats three small meals a day and has transitioned to adult food.
He is getting along with his new foster dog siblings and would do well with another small playful dog who has similar young energy, or he could also be the only dog in the house. His foster parents are helping him learn good house manners, which include when it’s appropriate to bark, not jumping on people, and learning good behavior. Puppies require a lot of training and attention, but he will be a great addition to any family that has the patience, dedication and desire to meet the needs of a puppy.
These are the requirements for Archie’s new family:
1. Because Archie is one year old, and will most likely live 16+ years, applications will only be accepted from age appropriate individuals who will be able to care for Archie for the rest of his life.
2. Applications will be considered if children in the home are 10 years or older, and if they have had experience interacting with a young, small dog.
3. Archie will require training beyond just housetraining, so enrolling him and his new family in a puppy training class is strongly advised. His family must be committed to his continued training.
4. Must be home most of the day (not gone generally more than 3 hours).
5. A fenced yard would be great, but is not a deal breaker. If there is no fenced yard, his family must be willing and able to take Archie on a couple very long walks every day (weather permitting).
6. Live within 60 miles of Saint Paul, Minnesota and agree to attend the annual rescue reunion held each year in September.
Archie is neutered, current on vaccinations, microchipped and on heartworm and flea/tick preventative. His adoption fee is $470.00 plus $40.07 sales tax for a total adoption fee of $510.07.
To meet Archie, please complete an adoption application at the website listed in the first paragraph. Or you can also see him and the other dogs available for adoption from Shih Tzu Rescue of Minnesota by visiting with us from 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon the first Saturday of every month at Chuck and Don’s at 6821 York Avenue South, Edina near Southdale.