- Can You Foster or Adopt During the Coronavirus Quarantine?
Schools are closed, restaurants are closed, gatherings are limited, and many people are avoiding public places altogether — life as we know it has changed dramatically over the last few days thanks to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). Unfortunately, animal shelters and rescues have also been impacted by the disruptions caused by COVID-19. Shelters Temporarily […]
- Cat Behavior: Socializing Cats with Other Cats
Can you modify cat behavior with other cats so they become friends? Cats are wonderfully complex creatures. If you’re reading this article, it may be because you adopted a new cat or are thinking about adopting a new cat, and you have another cat or cats and are looking for tips to help all your cats […]
- Pet Insurance is a Good Investment
Adopting a dog or cat is one of the most rewarding things you will ever experience but being a pet parent is also a big responsibility! Your new furry, family member will provide you with endless amounts of love, but they are 100% reliant on you as their pet parent. Being a good pet parent […]
- Your New Cat or Kitten’s First Day
Congratulations! You must be so excited about bringing your newly adopted cat or kitten! I imagine that’s why you’re here, reading this blog article about the 1st day with your new cat (or kitten). Maybe you adopted one already from a shelter, and are just waiting for him (or her!) to get fixed so you […]
- Top Tips on Introducing Your New Kitten to Your Current Pets
Photo by: Freddie Marriage on Unsplash New kittens are sweet, snuggly, and downright irresistible! If you already have a resident cat or dog, though, you might hesitate: Will all of the animals get along? What if your newest furry friend gets hurt by a territorial cat or a rambunctious dog? What if your older pet […]
- How Shelters Prepare Your Cat for Adoption
By Dr. Dan Carey, Bayer Veterinarian Lights, camera … adoption! There’s nothing like changing a life, unless it’s saving a life. The photos are taken, social updates are posted and you’re finally on your way home. First steps Playtime, mealtime, downtime: Your shelter’s staff interacts with your cat, gets to know his temperament, […]
- You can’t buy love but you can rescue it
SO true! Love cannot be bought. But, boy oh boy, can it be rescued!!! The beauty seen here is Fanny, an awesome dog who was available for adoption in Hollywood, California from The Mutt Scouts — she’s been adopted, yay! You can see her ADOPTED profile and other cuties who are still available for adoption at The Mutt Scouts here. If […]
- Do kittens get a “kitten pass” when introduced to other cats?
You may have heard that kittens get a “kitten pass” when introduced to other cats. Is that true? Yes and no – it depends on the personalities and past experiences of the cats and the kittens! Yes it is true that many times adult cats who might have had bad experiences or seem not to […]
- Should you adopt a puppy and a kitten at the same time? *video*
No one is going to argue about the exponential cute factor of a puppy and kitten together! As illustrated in the photo above, the combination has amazing “aweeeeee” power. That’s is me holding one of my foster kittens and a foster puppy. What you can’t see is my happy but very tired face! Puppies and […]
- How does it work to adopt a pet?
1. Use our website’s search to find pets for adoption! Adopt-a-Pet.com is a website where shelters and rescues list their pets for adoption. We don’t have the pets ourselves! Click a link below to…. Find a dog Find a cat Find other pets (rabbits, horses, and more) Type in your zip code and select the type of […]