- Top Tips on Introducing Your New Kitten to Your Current Pets
Photo by: Freddie Marriage on Unsplash New kittens are sweet, snuggly, and downright irresistible! If you already have a resident cat or dog, though, you might hesitate: Will all of the animals get along? What if your newest furry friend gets hurt by a territorial cat or a rambunctious dog? What if your older pet […]
- How Shelters Prepare Your Cat for Adoption
By Dr. Dan Carey, Bayer Veterinarian Lights, camera … adoption! There’s nothing like changing a life, unless it’s saving a life. The photos are taken, social updates are posted and you’re finally on your way home. First steps Playtime, mealtime, downtime: Your shelter’s staff interacts with your cat, gets to know his temperament, […]
- You can’t buy love but you can rescue it
SO true! Love cannot be bought. But, boy oh boy, can it be rescued!!! The beauty seen here is Fanny, an awesome dog who was available for adoption in Hollywood, California from The Mutt Scouts — she’s been adopted, yay! You can see her ADOPTED profile and other cuties who are still available for adoption at The Mutt Scouts here. If […]
- Do kittens get a “kitten pass” when introduced to other cats?
You may have heard that kittens get a “kitten pass” when introduced to other cats. Is that true? Yes and no – it depends on the personalities and past experiences of the cats and the kittens! Yes it is true that many times adult cats who might have had bad experiences or seem not to […]
- Should you adopt a puppy and a kitten at the same time? *video*
No one is going to argue about the exponential cute factor of a puppy and kitten together! As illustrated in the photo above, the combination has amazing “aweeeeee” power. That’s is me holding one of my foster kittens and a foster puppy. What you can’t see is my happy but very tired face! Puppies and […]
- How does it work to adopt a pet?
1. Use our website’s search to find pets for adoption! Adopt-a-Pet.com is a website where shelters and rescues list their pets for adoption. We don’t have the pets ourselves! Click a link below to…. Find a dog Find a cat Find other pets (rabbits, horses, and more) Type in your zip code and select the type of […]
- Cutest spy ever: Agent 00Kitten
This year’s summer blockbuster is here! Following up on the success of his action-packed spy adventures Dr. Meow and Octopussycat, Agent 00Kitten is ready to strike again! Watch the video here! Secret kitten agents have been deployed in shelters and rescues across North America. You can help save the world and kittens by going to www.adoptapet.com and finding your […]
- Video: Scooter the Neutered Cat
Hip spectacles. No testicles. Meet Scooter, the suave neutered cat. He’s making it his mission to educate cat lovers on the importance of spaying and neutering. Check out his video for some great wisdom. Plus, he’s adorable!
- Introducing a new cat – the crate method
There are lots of articles online already about how to introduce your newly adopted cat or kitten to your current cats or dogs… but most of them, including ones we’ve written, start out with something along the lines of: “Put the new cat/kitten in a separate isolation room.” While this very sound advice, as it […]
- New Cat Adopter Question: Daily walks?
Like curious children exploring their world, new cat adopters never cease to delight pet adoption counselors with their unusual questions! Even after 15 years of pet adoption counseling, I can still be surprised with what they ask. Last week a new cat adopter who’d had dogs before but not cats, asked, “Do I need to […]