(when grown) Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
Needs experienced adopter,
Spayed or Neutered,
Are you looking to have your dog skills and experience challenged? Do you have the patience of a saint? Then Mighty is ready to test you. Seriously, he’s an 8.6 magnitude earthquake in a city without building codes. He is a rainstorm on a herd of Gremlins, after midnight… with a plate of food. For example:
1. Speaking of rainstorms – he hates them. As well as fireworks. Just about any loud, new, or odd noise scares him. He is even afraid of his farts.
2. He has the leash manners like some of those shoppers on Black Friday. You know, where the store is giving away an item to the first 200 guests. He just gets so excited sometimes he feels the need to jump up and grab the leash and walk himself.
3. Mighty has an allergy or several. No chicken for sure and probably no other poultry. Grains make him itchy, and sometimes he gets pink.
4. He’s one of those “blocky headed” dogs… pit balls, pot bois, pibbles, poblanos, whatever.
5. He’s nervous with new people, and he warms up to women quicker than men. Do you know that site with all the dogs who love the UPS guy? Mighty will not likely be making an appearance on that site.
Here are some things we also know about Mighty. He completely loves his people. Once you’re in, you’re in for life. He likes to make new people friends, too, and that takes some time and treats… and those are treats without caramel color, because you know, the allergies. He loves attention, training, and showing his set of learned skills. He likes drinking from the hose, being outside with his people, and helping with yard work. If you have sticks, he’ll chew them. If you’re pulling weeds, he’ll shake them and spit them out…mostly.
With patience, proper introductions, and some training, Mighty possibly could live with another dog. He previously lived with a female dog and a cat! He has not had the best of experiences with other animals since then, so we tend to err on the side of caution.
We’ve loved this guy from the moment we saw him tied to a tree with a note stating, “My name is Mighty, …just tell me it’s OK Needs a good home and lots of love” We’ve come a long way from where he wouldn’t go near the car, wouldn’t go up or down the stairs, and only went outside to do his business. He now, cannot wait for the next car ride and uses the stairs like Rocky. (Except for the basement stairs, they’re still scary.) We’re not going to lie though; his forever home is one in a million. His new home will require experience, management, smarts, time and dedication.
As they say, nothing worthwhile comes easy and nothing that comes easy is worthwhile. Mighty is a sweet, playful, loving dog, and is very loyal in his devotion to his people. He has quite a few quirks, but hey, who doesn’t? He has a long life ahead of him, and deserves an active, loving home that will always tell him, it’s OK.